Location: 3611 N. Staley Road, Suite 5
Type: Full-Time/ Part-Time
Date: February 26th, 2021
Autonomic Materials, Inc. (AMI) develops smart coating technologies and formulated products that protect critical assets corrosion, protect people that interact with those assets, and protect the environment. Our technologies and solutions are anchored by self-healing technology pioneered by our founders. Advancements in self-healing technologies are charting new territory for coatings, sealants, adhesives, and composite industries, and AMI is at the forefront of that effort. AMI is headquartered in Champaign, Illinois.
AMI is looking for a technician to support product development and testing at our Champaign location. We are seeking a candidate who will be comfortable in a chemistry lab and in a warehouse setting. The candidate must be dependable, execute directions provided by our technical team. The ideal candidate should demonstrate an ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Candidates are expected to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms. The role will entail preparing and applying coating formulations, evaluating and characterizing the corrosion resistance and mechanical properties of coatings, maintaining mission-critical equipment, preparing samples for customers, and supporting shipping and warehouse operations.
Desired Attributes, Skills, and Experience:
• Experience/familiarity with wet chemistry and or paint application is desired.
• Ability to use a computer, work with Microsoft office products is desired for communicating with other team members, entering and analyzing data and writing reports.
• Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Self-starter capable of meeting objectives with minimum supervision
• Great organizational skills and ability to support the needs of multiple members of our technical team.
• Attention to workplace safety guidelines
• Attention to details in preparing and logging shipments
• Comfortable operating and maintaining lab and warehouse equipment upon training
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Ability to take direction and react to dynamic needs and to participate as a key member of a diverse team.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.