Location: 495 County Road 1300 North, Champaign, IL 61822
Position: Development Scientist
Autonomic Materials, Inc. (AMI) develops and offers innovative self-healing technologies that extend coating lifetimes, minimizing upkeep and repair. Advancements in self-healing technologies are charting new territory for the coatings industry, and AMI is at the forefront of that effort. AMI’s proprietary self-healing additives give coatings the ability to repair themselves when they are damaged, without the need for any external intervention. AMI is based in Champaign, Illinois.
AMI is seeking a candidate with broad experience with laboratory chemistry work particularly in the paints and coatings industry. The qualified candidate will support new product development including preparing materials for customer evaluation and testing and maintaining laboratory facilities. The candidate must be able to prepare excellent written and verbal reports on progress on various projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently in a team environment and possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related Biological and Chemical Sciences is desired.
- Experience in R&D and product development.
- Must have experience with chemical laboratory work.
- Ability to use the MS Office suite of software products.
- Knowledge of pigment dispersion, epoxies, urethanes, DTMs, solvent, waterborne and powder coatings is a plus.
- Familiarity with corrosion science and corrosion processes is a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com